Monday, September 24, 2012

Food is Good for the Body, but Cooking is Good for the Soul

So I've had cafeteria food that would be considered absolutely atrocious and the stuff here is probably the best I've had, but in the end it is still just cafeteria food. Luckily I have this awesome neighbor and friend that loves food as much as I do. Now we have started this lovely tradition of late night cooking every Saturday.
It's quite funny how all of it started. My room mate was talking on the phone and I was just jammin as usual while doing some work when I hear "why won't you make me tacos?!". Of course coming from Texas and having Mexican in-laws I love tacos and I am an expert in making them from scratch. Thus the word quickly spread for Saturday Night Tacos.

Of course we had to get our classy selves down to the local grocer to get some ingredients

Don't make fun of my rigged up back pack
carrying wheat flour and corn flour over a mile is not fun

  you know I always hang with the most classy people

I have a knack for getting good shots
or at least I think so

 I gotta say though that cooking with friends is the best

Now this chick right here. 
We bonded over cooking.

Look at those beautifully made tortillas we flattened with a dictionary!

Now of course with a love of food like mine one does not simple stop with a taco night. The Next week we planned homemade donuts, candied bacon weave, and baked apples. MMMMMMM

Now the really awesome part is my university has an apple orchard, so we just went over and picked some apples for a couple of hours.

Our first climber

I made this photo famous on instagram


You have to admit she is sorta graceful 

The original of the instagram photo


And our expert apple catcher
she has rad skills






 Well I said sorta graceful..............

 It okay she's in ballet so it's a work in progress

However I can do a song and dance up there

She thinks we're ridiculous
but she is too


I had to get a stick to knock down the ones that were really high

Never never never give up
- winston churchill

Growing up is over rated

Now I'll admit it
This is a stupid face
 

But in my defense 
Deer showed up!

We tossed them some apples and they ate them!

We named her Nellie


 The day's bounty
and my stick

Apples!

The apples are her amazing creation

But I showed them how to make beautiful Donuts

I'm getting hungry again......

The CANDIED BACON WEAVE

This is a true art

 yep definitely hungry
look at those donuts and apples


the apples are insanely delicious

okay are weaving game needs some work
but that is still greasy goodness

Not burnt bacon
candied bacon

That is a late night/early morning meal

So at four in the morning I get sugar up my nose
and turn into Jenna Marbles.....

 I believe a person's desk space reflects who they are

 and mine says I like food/cooking



No comments:

Post a Comment