Wednesday, September 12, 2012

30 Degrees Different

   So the difference between really warm and boiling, really cold and freezing is only 1 degree. One degree of temperature can make all the difference of one state of existence to another. So to say that I am in a different state of being would be quite the understatement. Because I didn't just move on to a different state (literally and figuratively) I went across the country. And compared to home, well let's just say when I check the weather reports there is literally a 30 degrees difference. Now I'm not saying one is better than the other, though I do have personal preference, they are just very different from each other.
   To clarify some I was homegrown in the great state of Texas and now I'm practically in Canada. Now I specify that I'm Texan and not just a southerner because Texas for starters simply has a bigger ego to it, and there's just some differences to it that other southern states don't have (each state in the deep south have certain unique things to them). So when I make comparisons I just to be clear that none of it should be assumed to be a general southern thing, or even the same for all of Texas (it is kind of giant after all).
    However the location isn't the only difference in life I'm experiencing right now. The reason I've come such  a long way is for college, which in it self can be a big life change. I'm more or less on my own financially, ethically, and in responsibility for my work and schooling.
   This blog is going to be my way of letting people join me virtually in seeing a place where the moose are from the view point of someone that came from where the coyotes are. I will do some comparisons between the two places, show pictures, talk about school and work, and describe my new experiences overall.
   There will probably be some ups and downs as is natural in life, but let there be no mistake. This place, these experiences, and moment in my life is meant to happen. This is the place I am meant to be for now. I have no doubt of that. I came here because I believe I will gain the best opportunities to learn the crafts of the technical arts (specifically theatre). When I make drastic changes I do not make those decisions lightly.
   Now I just hope that you will enjoy this experience along with me.

                                                    Peace be with you,
                                                                            The Dove

1 comment:

  1. So I typed a really clever comment about being first, Texas being better, something about your color schemes and me having read this like I said I would. But then Google decided to be a hater and now its gone.

    Signed,
    Disgruntlement Big Bro

    ReplyDelete