Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fairy Tale Moments

Well I'm starting to realize that this blog is going to be very photo heavy, but I will still try to continue to give something to read as well. Some things just need to be seen as well (even if most the time it's poor camera phone shots) because as much as I know it cannot be fully appreciated unless seen in person I still wan to share as much as I can.
One late afternoon on a rather beautiful autumn day a few friends and myself decided to go hiking into the bluffs. Autumn has always been my favorite season but growing up in Texas I never had the opportunity to fully experience a autumn season. At the start of the trees turning I was quite excited, but when I went into the woods and saw the expanse of it I had to restrain tears of joy and amazement. 

The View from a Hill


I have never seen such a thing as this

When I came across this area (and this was very early on) it was absolutely breathtaking for me. 
I was in a Golden Wood! I simply could not believe it. Of course I knew places like this existed, but for me it was only in a realm separate from me.

 I always wanted to go to a place like this though I suppose I never really thought I would.
 For me it was like reading a storybook.

From the curve of the path....

To the fall of the leaves.....

......it all felt so surreal. When the wind gently blew through the trees the leaves would fall down all around us. Gently cascading to the ground spinning round and round. They never touched you though. It was as if it the moment would be broken if they dare to touch you.

Then we continued on an abandoned path.

Slowly we began to reach the top.

The pace was a bit bracing for myself, but the sun continued to beckon me to the top.


Nature slowly consumed the old path more and more.
Hanging back for just a moment guaranteed that I would lose sight of my friends.

The sides became steeper with only trees daring to hold on.


The Sun of course promised me an end as I started to break through.


I regained sight of my companions and they of course spot me as I came down.


My sight right before I broke through

But I still needed to take one more leap of faith


When I pointed this out to my friend her first remark was that these people who ever they are are probably broken up now.  I acknowledge that is probably true,  but that isn't the point of it. We as individuals are able to see one moment captured. In that exact moment those two people weren't worrying about the future but only thought to capture the genuine love they had. And for me that is all that counts.

A look at the path I traveled..............

......and where it took me.

I still can't get over the trees

A view across the valley

Down to the fields

Is it not breath taking?

A view of where I am

The people I am with

I am happy here


When you climb up you then you must go down

It can be scary at times

But things that matter the most will remain

It can still be rather pretty from down here 


I am glad to be here and I love spending time with the people I have met, but sometimes I still wish a few people that are missing from my life (due to physical distance) could be here with me. I share this hoping to give them a piece of what I am experiencing, but to actually experience it with them....well that will have to happen another day. In the meantime I hope they know that I love them all and miss them dearly. 


1 comment: