Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My first Job! A mix of cultures

I've been slow in getting this posted up, but here it is! I was able to work my first job in technical theater a few weeks ago and to say the least it was really exciting. A few weeks ago some Tibetan Monks came through for a week and demonstrated some traditional practices and discussed the situation in Tibet. It was a remarkable experience and I was fortunate enough to assist in the light design and run the lights for two of their performances. 














These were during the rehearsal












These were taken at the first performance













I apologize for poor photo quality I could only take photos in between cues using my phone from up in the booth.
As I stated before this was quite an exciting experience for me. Before this my lighting experience was rather limited and now I have taken part in designing and running a show which all happened within one week. The nights following this I was also able to take a small part in the Senior directed One Act Plays where I was asked to run the sound. Both experiences are what I expect to be the start of a very successful career for myself and I am glad to be in a place that gives me such amazing opportunities.

1 comment: